This is one of my most favourite dishes to make because it is so quick and easy and tastes soo good everytime. The base I use is a shop bought ready rolled, puff pastry sheet. There is seriously no point in trying to make such a thing at home – it requires too much time, money and effort, when in actual fact, you can get them in any supermarket for rather cheaply.
You can use any vegetables of your choice – there are no ‘right’ combinations and it doesn’t even have to be vegetarian (if you can be bothered to cook the meat beforehand). I have made so many variations, so my mixture of photos below are from my different attempts.
Ingredients (feeds. approx 3 – 4 people):
1 Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet
1 Onion (red or white)
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
A few Sundried Tomatoes (shredded)
Salt & Pepper to season
Chilli Flakes & Olive Oil to drizzle
Here’s how easy it is to do in 5 simple steps:
1. Chop all the vegetables to any shape or size
2. Unroll the Puff Pastry Sheet and trim to the size of your baking tray (don’t throw away the excess – see further below to see what I do with it). With a knife, score a border around the edge lightly, and then spread the tomato puree evenly within the border. Repeat the same with the garlic puree.
3. Layer on all the vegetables, with the tomatoes on top. Then season with salt and pepper, chilli flakes (optional of course) and the mixed herbs. Drizzle a little olive oil on top – trust me, it really adds to it!
4. Then scatter on the cheese
5. Cook in the pre-heated oven for approximately 20 minutes (depending on your oven) and enjoy a golden crispy, tasty and addictive Puff Pastry Pizza
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
And with the excess Puff Pastry left over, just do a mini version of the above, which makes a great snack! See my layered tomatoes version below – it tasted soo good!