I got invited to my first ever Halloween fancy dress pot luck party this year, which meant that everyone had to bring a dish. Basically – my kind of party!
So I got thinking, what shall I bring? I wanted to get into the spirit of Halloween and create something fitting around the theme. And after spending hours on research, which basically consisted of scrolling through pages on Pinterest and watching numerous videos on Youtube… I finally found the perfect treat to make!
… MUMMY OREO POPS!
Cake pops are taking over the popularity of cupcakes these days as they not only look amazing, but also taste good and are easily adapted to any theme or design. So I gave it a go and it went down a treat! So check out how I did this.
It’s hard to believe, but there are only 3 ingredients for this recipe but it’s the process which takes time.
To make approximately 12 you’ll need:
12 Oreo Biscuits
300g White Chocolate Buttons (approx.)
Handful of Chocolate Chips for the eyes
12 Cake Pop sticks
1) Firstly separate the biscuits. You’d think this was a simple process huh? WRONG! I wanted to show you evidence that by simply twisting it as shown in the adverts, it does not come away in one piece. I originally didn’t intend to use the chocolate Oreo’s, but as I’d broken half the packet, I had no choice but to use my reserves. I only figured out the technique AFTER this! The technique being that you open it from the side where the cream is closest to the edge, as you may have also noticed that the cream is never quite in the centre of the biscuit. Go on, give it a go!
2) Melt the white chocolate buttons in the microwave in 10 second bursts and stir after each time. In total it will only require between 40-50 seconds, but do not do this all in one go otherwise it will burn!
3) Use your cake pop stick to make a groove ¾ way up the cream, but make sure to place the shavings on both sides of it to give a better balance when you replace the other side of the biscuit. Dip the stick into the melted white chocolate and place it in the groove.
4) Add a small amount of white chocolate on the inside of the other biscuit and sandwich it together again. When all of them are done, place in the fridge for 5 minutes
5) Take them out of the fridge and dip the Oreo into the melted white chocolate and coat generously and evenly, making sure the edges are filled as well.