This is my ultimate favourite soup and incredibly easy to make. I used the basic recipe from the BBC Food website, but when it comes to soup – you don’t need to be precise with measurements – just adjust to taste. One thing to note though, I don’t add salt to this as I find that the stock is salty enough.
Ingredients (all approx – serves 4 – 6 people):
5 large carrots (chopped small)
1 medium onion (chopped)
Approx 1.5 ltrs of stock of your choice
1 tsp of ground cumin
1-2 tbsp oil
Ground Pepper to season
Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
1. Heat the oil and add the onion and fry for around 1 minute
2. Add the carrots, mix and fry for around 5 minutes until evenly coated and starts to soften
3. Add the ground cumin, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the ground pepper and mix
5. Pour the stock in and bring to boil
6. Leave on a slow heat for around 10 – 15 mins until the carrots are tender.
7. Whizz up with a hand blender and mix in the chopped coriander
8. ENJOY, with some bread!